Bed bug infestation signs
The first thing that a clean care kenya professional bed bug exterminator will look for are the signs of a bed bug infestation. This can take quite a bit of time, and it’s why we often recommend a canine bed bug inspection, as bed bugs are crafty and can hide easily almost anywhere and bed bug dogs can seek them out more easily than people.
There are specific things that a professional bed bug exterminator is looking for, including:
- Shed skins – bed bugs go through several life cycles and they leave behind their shed skins.
- Fecal spots – bed bugs are rather rude and will leave fecal deposits that look like tiny black dots from a felt tip pen behind.
- Blood spots – the bugs can become crushed and leave behind blood spots or the wounds they leave on you can bleed a bit, too. Tiny spots of blood on sheets are a telltale sign.
- Odors – in a very heavy infestation, even a human nose can detect the unpleasant, somewhat sweet smell of a bed bug invasion. Bed bugs also give off a hormonal scent when disturbed, too. Dogs can spot these scents with smaller infestations and much easier than humans.
- Insects – if you look in the right places, like creases, cracks, crevices, you can also find the live bugs. They are small and sometimes hard to see, not much bigger than an apple seed in some life stages, but our highly trained bed bug experts can find them.